Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Grade 5/6 Learning Celebration

Agenda:
1) Report Cards will go home on Jan. 30th
2) Saa'kokoto is back with us this Friday - please come dressed for the weather as we are planning to do our work with him outside that morning. 
3) Friday Jan 31st is a PD Day - no School for Students 
4) Tuesday Feb. 4th - 12:15 pm til 3:00 pm - Whole School Field trip to the Bella Music Concert Hall


Science Fair - 
Our school Science Fair is in 2 weeks- Thursday Feb. 6th. Parents and families will be invited to come and view the fair in the morning. The afternoon will be spent with our Visiting Judges from different fields of science in our community. This is when the students will get to share their findings with 2 of the judges. 

Ask Me About:
Literacy
Ask me about one major change I have made to my Battle Bunny Story and what I thought of our Writing Retreat on Monday.

Math

We are moving on to decimals and percents in math.
Ask me about how I felt during our fractions quiz this morning.

Social
Ask me about the Natural Events (Disasters) that my group and I are researched. 

Science
Ask me about how well my insulator worked. Also, let me tell you about my Blue Print, Scientific Method assignment, Line Graph and let me show you my IRIS post. 
Would you like me to sing the Water Cycle song to you?