Friday, November 16, 2018

Food Bank Win - 760 Items!!!

Agenda:
1 - Next Thursday and Friday will be Parent Teacher Interviews - Please book your time slot with Mrs. Saunders
2 - CBC recording will happen next week

Learning Intention
What did you learn today?
We learned that Dendrology is the study of trees. We also learned a way to mark a tree that we are wanting to investigate. 
How did you show what you learned?
We went out to Whispering Woods and marked our tree of study with yellow flagging tape.
What do you need to learn next?
We need to investigate our I Wonder statements. Some examples are: 
I wondered when was my tree planted and why is it shorter?
I wondered do trees get cold?
I wondered how a tree survives winter?
I wondered how the bark on my tree was rubbed off?
I wondered why are the trees so close together?
I wondered why my tree lost its leaves but some other trees seem to keep their leaves?
I wondered why there were so many trees growing off of my tree? 
I wondered how different my tree will look in the summer?
I wondered what my tree looks like on the inside?